In the last article about the Wizard I tried to list some advantages and disadvantages about the survival build, but in this article I will try to list and talk about the opposite of that build, the pure DPS Build, where you will spend almost all the arcane power on damage skills. This build will make your Wizard more like a "Battlemage" wizard which excels also in close combat, not only in high dps skills.
The playing style with this build is a bit more complicated because you have to pay attention to your arcane power pool because it will deplete very fast, so you have to manage your resource very carefully. You also have to pay attention to not get too close to monsters, especially to the champions packs because your health pool and armor are kinda low, even if your close combat capabilities are very high. If you ask yourself what is the best wizard build in Diablo 3, there is no such thing. There are a variety of good builds out there. This offensive build for the Wizard will be very effective while playing the first two levels of difficulty in Diablo 3, but then you might want to add more survivability to your character.
Active Skill List for this build:
1. Spectral Blade - Summon a spectral blade that strikes all enemies in your path for 135% weapon damage + Thrown Blade rune.
2. Electrocute - Lightning arcs from your fingertips, dealing 80% weapon damage as Lightning. The lightning can jump, hitting up to 2 additional enemies + Chain lightning rune.
3. Teleport - Teleport through the ether to the selected location up to 35 yards away + Fracture rune.
4. Meteor - Summon an immense Meteor that plummets from the sky, causing 200% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies it crashes into. The ground it hits is scorched with molten fire that deals 60% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds + Comet rune.
5. Blizzard - Call down shards of ice to pelt an area, dealing 210% weapon damage as Cold to all enemies in the area over 6 seconds + Unrelenting Storm rune.
6. Energy Armor - Call down shards of ice to pelt an area, dealing 210% weapon damage as Cold to all enemies in the area over 6 seconds + Energy trap rune.
Passive Skill List:
1. Glass Cannon - Increases all damage done by 15%, but decreases Armor and resistances by 10%.
2. Prodigy - When you deal damage with a Signature spell, you gain 4 Arcane Power.
3. Cold Blooded - Cold damage dealt to chilled and frozen targets is increased by 20%
Advantages of this Wizard DPS build:
- Enormous DPS capabilities for your wizard
- Very good close combat damage
- Decent survival rate
- Requires a very good management of your arcane power
- Low Armor
- Requires a skilled player on inferno difficulty
Tell us your opinion and critics about this Wizard DPS Build in Diablo 3. You can do this in the comment section of this blog.